The Samsung Galaxy Ace S5830 has good features for good price. A decent 3.5” HVGA screen, 800MHz processor, Good 5 mega pixel camera, good look, and good design. However it fails in some area like disastrous video recording and poor codec support etc.
Key features of Samsung Galaxy Ace S5830
- 800MHz ARM 11 processor, ARM6 architecture.
- Adreno 200 GPU, Qualcomm MSM7227 chipset.
- 278MB of RAM available for user.
- Internal memory 158 MB
- Micro SD slot (up to 32GB, 2GB in box).
- Quad-band GSM.
- Dual-band 3G supports.
- 7.2 Mbps HSDPA support.
- 3.5″ 16M-color TFT LCD capacitive touch screen of HVGA (320 x 480 pixels) resolution.
- Android OS v2.2 (Froyo).
- Touch Wiz 3.0 UI customization.
- Gorilla Glass display
- Swype text input.
- 5 MP auto focus camera.
- LED flash; Geo-tagging, face and smile detection.
- QVGA@15fps video.
- Wi-Fi 802.11 b/g/n.
- Wi-Fi hotspot
- A-GPS connectivity.
- Digital compass.
- MicroUSB port (charging).
- Stereo Bluetooth v2.1. With A2DP
- Standard 3.5 mm audio jack.
- DNSe sound enhancement.
- FM radio with RDS.
- Document editor.
- File manager pre-installed.
- Samsung Apps brings a few nice apps for free.
- Proximity sensor.
- Dimensions : 112.4 x 59.9 x 11.5 mm
- Weight : 113 g
- Stand-by : Up to 640 h (2G) / Up to 420 h (3G)
- Talk time : Up to 11 h (2G) / Up to 6 h 30 min (3G)
- Average Recharge time once charged: 12h [2G, Wifi]
- Very bad QVGA (320×240) video recording @15fps
There are some good ROMs in internet, which support very good resolution video recording for Samsung Galaxy Ace S5830. I didn’t try because its pretty new device! If I flash the device it will cos warranty issue.
Not sure why Samsung set video resolution to a poor value.
- No shutter key for the camera
- No support for Adobe Flash in the web browser (Still you can watch You tube and flash videos in it).
- No ambient light sensor
- No DivX/Xvid video support out of the box
- Not ARM-7 architecture.
- Java applications are not supported by default. Need to download Java MIDP emulator.
- Phone gets heated up a lot (Mainly battery) while charging and while running heavy applications.
- Samsung Ace S5830 shut down by itself when screen goes off, mainly when using the Wi-fi, it looks like an android 2.2 bug.
- My Samsung Ace S5830, only 1 month old recently powered off its own and was not able to switch it on back. When checked with service center guy, he said motherboard shorted, need to replace mother board.
- Firefox browser is not supported. Its not the Samsung ace issue we can say Firefox need more RAM and resource to run.